Choose the Best Fashion Design Schools to Accomplish Your Goals
How to become a Fashion Designer?Step1: Complete the Prerequisites. The first step is that you fulfill all the above mentioned prerequisites. Step2: Join an accredited fashion Design School A 2-4 year degree will certainly show that you are someone who have all the knowledge and qualities to be a fashion designer. So, your next step is to join a fashion design schools where you will be taught all the skills necessary to become one. There are many schools who are offering such courses. So, always go for a accredited and a established college.
How do I apply for fashion design schools through your site?Don't Worry. We are here to make your work easier. Now you don't have to visit the school to fill your form. You can simply do it online here. At the top of the page you can see a search box. Fill up your postal Zip code and will be send to a page that contains school listing that are situated within your area. Choose a school and fill up the necessary information. You won't be charged any fee to fill up the form. OR You can also find various school listing below the page. Choose a school, Request Info and you are set to go.
What are the different options for fashion design schools?1. Traditional universities and colleges 2. Various institute and organization 3. Fashion design schools which are specially designed for the sole purpose.
Which fashion design school should I get admitted to?Select a school that is
- accredited and established
- close to your locality
- comes within your budget
What are the subjects/skills you will be taught in your fashion design schools?The subjects you will be taught are as follows:
- Basic Math and English
- Color Theory for Fashion
- Garment and Composition
- Contemporary History of Fashion
- History of Costume
- Fashion Communication
- Styles and Trends
- CAD 1 for Fashion Design
- Fashion Drawing
- Fashion Draping 2
- Gerber Technology
- Pattern Grading and many more
- sewing techniques
- flat pattern making
- apparel design
- knitwear design
- computerized pattern design
- fitting techniques
- fashion history and business
- menswear, swimwear and bridal design
- children swear
What are the level of degrees offered at such schools?1. The Associate’s Degree If you are just interested into sketching, pattern making, being a fashion assistant with little effort or if you are a beginner associate degree is the best choice for you. You can complete your associate degree in fashion designing in about 2 years. 2. The Bachelor’s Fashion Degree This degree is for those who want to get major skills to become a fashion designer. This degree is generally preferred to all the aspiring candidates who want to gain major achievements in this field. You can complete your bachelor's degree in fashion designing in about 4 years. 3. The Master’s Fashion Degree This degree is a one step ahead which can open plethora of options in your career. You can complete this degree after getting a bachelor's degree. What are the pros and cons of being a fashion designer? Pros:
- You will be always loaded with interesting and variety of projects. So your job will never be a boredom.
- The working environment and the place is certainly going to be fun.
- With a little qualification and experience you can earn up to $75,000 annually which is a very good salary to earn your living.
- You will get lots of opportunity for travelling.
- As a human being you will be more creative and full of self confidence with time.
- You may have to work for long hours and even overnight.
- The pay scale can be sometimes hard to achieve.
- You will have to undergo through lots of stress and criticisms of the clients.
- In this fashion industry first you have to prove yourself that you are worth it then only you are going to achieve success otherwise a extra drop of water in a sea don't add any volume to it.
Best Fashion Design Schools
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
- And more...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Business of Fashion
- Fashion Design
- Marketing & Merchandising for Fashion
You’re serious about success. Especially when it comes to pursuing an associate, bachelors or master’s degree you need to move your career forward. At AIU, the Serious U™, classes are taught by industry specialists who bring their real-world perspective to the classroom and will work with you one-on-one when you need it.
Powerful specialized curriculum
- More courses devoted to your field of interest, on average than at other similar schools
- Study anywhere, anytime and the way you learn best
Credit for work and military experiences to fulfill degree requirements
- You can transfer in up to 75% of your qualifying credits saving you up to 75% on your bachelor’s degree
Cost and value
- Our program costs include all required books, materials, and student fees
- No application cost
American InterContinental University® is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learning Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Marketing and Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Fashion Marketing
The Berkeley Advantage®is part of a proven approach to career-focused education that can help students prepare for success.
- AAS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- BBA, Fashion Marketing & Mgmt
- BS in Fashion Marketing & Management